Just The Facts : Guns In Americans
This will be sort of a different article. Everyone wants to have a conversation about guns every time there is a mass shooting but most have never actually looked into the facts. Below I have attempted to secure a plethora of gun related statistics. Make your own conclusions.
1)The Top 5 Countries with the Most Guns Per Capita, United States #1
3) Intentional homicide, number and rate per 100,000 people for the same year. United States 99 out of 182
4) Firearms were used in 19,392 suicides in the U.S. in 2010, constituting almost 62% of all gun deaths.
5) Guns were used in 11,078 homicides in the U.S. in 2010, comprising almost 35% of all gun deaths, and over 68% of all homicides.
6) In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people. From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings
7) Firearms are leading method of homicide in United States by far, with hand guns making up the majority.
8) 98% of public mass shootings take place in gun-free zones.